2015 [美國] 春假 DAY 1 - Away from the midwest, and towards the sunny south!
來到美國快一年了,第一次的春假旅遊就獻給 New Orleans (NOLA for short)!
這裡是大學生避寒的No.1城市(邁阿密是No.2 好像)~ 這裡有美食、有歷史、有太陽、還有酒XD
4天3夜的行程大概如下
Day 1: Palace Cafe --> Check-in Hotel --> Royal St --> Lafayette Square --> Woldenburg Park & Riverwalk --> Crescent City Brewhouse --> Bourbon St
Day 2: Swamp Tour --> Petite Amelie --> Louisiana State Museum --> Jackson Square --> Tableau --> Acme Oyster House --> Frenchman St
Day 3: Cafe Du Monde --> Dutch Alley --> French Market --> City Park New Orleans --> New Canal Lighthouse --> Brisbi's Lakefront Restaurant & Bar
Day 4: The Old Coffeepot
------------------我是分隔線-----------------
First stop in New Orleans was lunch at Palace Cafe. I heard many good things about Palace Cafe, thus had to include this in our trip! It was a relief to find out that Palace Cafe was quite spacious, and we didn't have to wait at all to be seated.
First thing they served us was their own baguette and whipped butter. They were okay.
We also ordered banana foster. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that our server actually was going to make it by our table! The smell of caramelized sugar, and evaporated alcohol made me drool.
The delicious goodness was poured all over the vanilla ice cream. I loved my first few bites. It was warm and cold at the same time, perfect for New Orleans weather. However, the banana foster was very sweet so we became a little bit sick (and very full). Overall, I gave this banana foster a 8.5/10!
We stopped here and bought a few postcards, all paintings by local artists.
New Orleans is indeed the birthplace of really great jazz: look at all those people!
Passed by more art galleries.
Lots and lots and lots of cute little shops. We literally could spend days on Royal St if we wanted to.
Can't say you've been to Louisiana if you didn't try their hot sauce (even if you don't like it)!
This is the "Creole Queen"! Pretty magnificent. We couldn't really afford to buy tickets to go on it because we've already booked a swamp tour (budget, budget, budget). Look at the details and design of this boat though. It's like a little building on its own.
這裡是大學生避寒的No.1城市(邁阿密是No.2 好像)~ 這裡有美食、有歷史、有太陽、還有酒XD
4天3夜的行程大概如下
Day 1: Palace Cafe --> Check-in Hotel --> Royal St --> Lafayette Square --> Woldenburg Park & Riverwalk --> Crescent City Brewhouse --> Bourbon St
Day 2: Swamp Tour --> Petite Amelie --> Louisiana State Museum --> Jackson Square --> Tableau --> Acme Oyster House --> Frenchman St
Day 3: Cafe Du Monde --> Dutch Alley --> French Market --> City Park New Orleans --> New Canal Lighthouse --> Brisbi's Lakefront Restaurant & Bar
Day 4: The Old Coffeepot
------------------我是分隔線-----------------
First stop in New Orleans was lunch at Palace Cafe. I heard many good things about Palace Cafe, thus had to include this in our trip! It was a relief to find out that Palace Cafe was quite spacious, and we didn't have to wait at all to be seated.
First thing they served us was their own baguette and whipped butter. They were okay.
I ordered their Shrimp Tchefuncte. I couldn't imagine its taste when I read its description on the menu, but I really wanted shrimp. It was absolutely delicious! 10/10 would order again! The creole meunière sauce went so well with the shrimp and the rice. Was not spicy, and very rich in flavor. (I could tell they put in a lot of butter, but oh, so heavenly!)
After the main meal, we went for their dessert. My friend recommended their cheesecake. I am personally not a huge fan of cheesecakes, but still gave it a try. It tasted good, however there was no wow-factor. The best part was probably the crumbles on top! I gave it a 7/10 just because, again, I am not a fan of cheesecakes.We also ordered banana foster. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that our server actually was going to make it by our table! The smell of caramelized sugar, and evaporated alcohol made me drool.
The delicious goodness was poured all over the vanilla ice cream. I loved my first few bites. It was warm and cold at the same time, perfect for New Orleans weather. However, the banana foster was very sweet so we became a little bit sick (and very full). Overall, I gave this banana foster a 8.5/10!
After lunch, we strolled down Royal St. There were music playing on every block, and people sitting on the sidewalk having a great time.
The buildings were aesthetic. I love how they were all so colorful, and French!We stopped here and bought a few postcards, all paintings by local artists.
Our hotel was relatively close to Royal St., and on our way there we passed by a lot of gay bars.
We stayed at "Inn on St. Ann" this time. A cozy place at a reasonable price.
After checking-in, we headed back out (took advantage of the nice weather). Found Pirates Alley, an Alley that actually had nothing to do with pirates unfortunately.
There were again lots of artworks and paintings in the alley, all of them unique!New Orleans is indeed the birthplace of really great jazz: look at all those people!
Passed by more art galleries.
Lots and lots and lots of cute little shops. We literally could spend days on Royal St if we wanted to.
Can't say you've been to Louisiana if you didn't try their hot sauce (even if you don't like it)!
We had to leave our beloved Royal St for today (will continue tomorrow, no worries!) to check out Lafayette Square. I had no idea what-so-ever the historical significance of this little square, but I thought it was pretty.
We didn't stay at Lafayette square for long (there wasn't much to see, plus we were running behind schedule). We quickly got to the Riverwalk, not for shopping at the outlet, but for taking pictures of boats and the Mississippi river!This is the "Creole Queen"! Pretty magnificent. We couldn't really afford to buy tickets to go on it because we've already booked a swamp tour (budget, budget, budget). Look at the details and design of this boat though. It's like a little building on its own.
Ah! The Mississippi river! And a nice boat to add to the scenery!
Sun was setting, so we head to dinner at the Crescent City Brewhouse!
We chose this restaurant because on our tourist handbook, we were given coupons for dining at specific restaurants. Crescent City Brewhouse was one of them!
We had grilled catfish with soft shell crab, grilled jumbo shrimps, and a classic crème brulée! They were all delicious, but even with the discount, the food was quite pricey. I was expecting seafood to be cheaper in NOLA 😓 I gave this restaurant a 8/10.
French quarter looks so different, and yet prettier at night in my opinion. This was one of my favorite buildings on Royal Street!
After getting back to our hotel, I showered, and fell asleep as the sound of jazz lingered.
Comments
Post a Comment